Home User Tutorial Upload 120,000 DMR contacts on Retevis RT84

Upload 120,000 DMR contacts on Retevis RT84

by Ailunce
863 views

Recently, we improve RT84 the latest firmware support to upload 120,000 DMR contacts. Today let’s learn how to operate it.

What do you need?

1. Download RT84 latest software V1.03.
  2. Download RT84 latest firmware D02.01
  3. All the recourses download from https://www.retevis.com/resources-center

How to do?

1. Firstly, Upgrade your RT84 firmware to D02.01.
  • Unzip the RT84 “RT84_Firmware_D02.01” file.
  • Install the “DMR Firmware DownLoad(User English) Setup v3.06.exe” and then Open.
  • Open the “RT84 (CSV)-V02.01.bin”.
  • Now, Press PTT+Top sidekey” together to enter Radio DFU mode.
  • Connect your radio to PC.
  • Begin download the upgrade file to your radio.
  • Check your RT84 radio version.

2. Update your software version to V1.03.

• Find Writ contacts under “Program” menu list. Then import DMR contacts database. ( You can download RT83/RT3S DMR contacts database from amateurradio.digital website. Until today, there are currently 118,411 DMR-IDs available for download.
  • After import successfully, then write to the radio.
  • it will take around 10-15 mins to upload all 12,0000 DMR contacts to RT84 radio.

3. Turn on your radio to view Contacts csv.

• First, you need to go to radio setting turn on “ContactsCSV”.
  • Then, go to CONTACTS view Contacts csv.
  • When there is signals from your radio, it will display the DMR contacts as below picture show.

Future question about Retevis RT84, email to info@ailunce.com.

You may also like

59 comments

Pat 28/01/2019 - 03:00

This is a nice update, however when transmitting, no matter what talk group, it says ‘Unknown ID’. I tried adding the TG ID to the CSV and still have same issue. TX on PARROT talk group, for example, with PARROT 9998 in both contacts and contactsCSV (with contactsCSV enabled) will say UNKNOWN ID during transmit.

Ailunce 28/01/2019 - 10:52

I think parrot 9998 should not in the contacts csv. Do you turn on the Contacs CSV in radio setting?

Wim 17/04/2019 - 23:11

I have the same issue after upload the csv userdatabase file. The userdatabase is in the unit, enabled it but still UNKNOWN ID
Dit you solve the problem?

Anthony Ryder 05/03/2019 - 04:36

Can you clear contacts csv on unit? I wish to change and am now receiving a ‘Excel’ error when trying to import.

Thank you.

Ailunce 07/03/2019 - 11:17

Do you install windows Excel on your computer? I will send you another csv file to your email, you can have a try.

Derek 21/09/2019 - 03:24

Given that MS Excel is rather EXPENSIVE, is there a way to avoid it’s use?

Harold Finley 06/10/2019 - 07:22

Can you please send me the Contact cvs file for rt 84 cant get it to work

Cherry 07/10/2019 - 15:07

You can download the codeplug for RT84 here: https://www.ailunce.com/Home/RadioCodeplug

Armando 18/03/2019 - 08:29

saludos amigos yonhice experimentacion con el radio Retrevis RT84 si desean mas información escribanme voy a subir un video en español en pocos dias. Para whatsapp +593996187408 soy radio aficionado de Ecuador.
greetings friends i make experimentation with the radio Retrevis RT84 if you want more information write me I will upload a video in Spanish in a few days. For whatsapp +593996187408 I am amateur radio of Ecuador

Ailunce 26/03/2019 - 14:13

Send you an email, please check.

Jason VK2HEZ 26/06/2019 - 08:06

I have done this, I can view the Contacts, but the Radio displays “Unknown ID” next to the ID Numbers.
Is there a specific Format for the CSV File from amateurradio.digital ?

There are a few options: No header, alternate view, etc.

Cherry 27/06/2019 - 16:22

hello, would you please check the other contacts? if all the contacts with Unknow ID, maybe there are something wrong with your file, please download from https://www.ailunce.com/ResourceCenter
Choose the radio model RT84 to download to have a try please.

Baju Koko Model Pakistan 28/06/2019 - 16:54

Thhe four point fold includes folding of each
and every ends above thhe middle. In additiion they are likely
tto last you for a long time since they are created
from better denim that ill not be exhausted
as quickly. Thhe histtory with the tux demonstrates it is still evolving,
and men’s fashion changes witth it.

Pedro 28/06/2019 - 19:46

Hola compañero Soy de España y tengo un problema con el equipo, sabes de donde me podía bajar el firware 2.0,ya que con esta versión del firware no me funciona bien a través de un hospost.
Gracias

moba terbaik 29/06/2019 - 05:09

I have read so many articles about the blogger lovers however this piece of writing is
actually a pleasant post, keep it up.

Android App Store 30/06/2019 - 04:40

With havin so much content and articles do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or
copyright violation? My website has a lot of completely unique content I’ve either created myself
or outsourced but it appears a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my authorization. Do
you know any techniques to help prevent content from being stolen? I’d really appreciate it.

love Money 07/07/2019 - 17:50

I loved as much as you’ll receive carried out right here.
The sketch is attractive, your authored material stylish.
nonetheless, you command get got an nervousness over that you wish be delivering the following.
unwell unquestionably come more formerly again since exactly the same nearly a lot
often inside case you shield this hike.

consultant seo paris 12/07/2019 - 04:05

Excellent post. I’m dealing with some of these issues as
well..

Cherry 24/07/2019 - 09:02

thanks

Victor 20/08/2019 - 19:23

He instalado la base de datos que indican de amateur radio digital y no aparecen en pantalla. Al abrir esa base de datos (formato csv) resulta que los datos que contiene no están en el orden que precisa el RT84.
Donde se puede conseguir una base de datos pero que sirva para el RT84?

Cherry 21/08/2019 - 09:03

hello, the datebase, you mean the contacts list?
You can get the RT84 contact lists from https://www.ailunce.com/ResourceCenter
if any question, you can contact with this email: partner@retevis.com
Cherry

Daniel 29/11/2019 - 14:32

Having issues with writing the csv contact list to the radio. Keep getting the error “Firmware Error”. Otherwise everything else programs just fine.
Software version is 1.05. Firmware version is 2.03. I have updated the firmware multiple times and still the same result.

Cherry 02/12/2019 - 15:38

hi, if the error is firmware error, you need to check your firmware, if can’t confirm, please delete all your firmwares on your pc, and download a new from here: https://www.retevis.com/resources_center/software/RT84_Firmware_V02.03.zip

Daniel 10/12/2019 - 04:08

After much troubleshooting, it has to do with the software. Turns out that the software has bugs in it when running on a 64 bit system. Running it on a 32 bit system resolved the issue. However, this is not a good solution since many in the United States don’t have access to a 32 bit system. A software update needs to be done to make it fully compatible with 64 bit systems. Another issue is the very heavy reliance on Microsoft Excel.

Carlos 19/02/2020 - 20:10

Estou com o mesmo problema do Daniel com a gravação da lista de contatos csv no rádio. Continue recebendo o erro “Erro de firmware”. Caso contrário, tudo o resto é programado.
A versão do software é 1.05. A versão do firmware é 2.03. Atualizei o firmware várias vezes e ainda o mesmo resultado.

Cherry 20/02/2020 - 08:51

hello, i am so sorry for this!
Would you please try to use the firmware version 2.02? Now we are fixing the new firmware v2.03.
the firmware was sent to you by email: partner@Retevis.com
please check your email later!

Scott Terry 18/03/2020 - 11:16

Cherry, when will the update for RT84 Firmware be available as I am unable to upload contacts to my radio.

Cherry 18/03/2020 - 13:49

hi, if you want to upload the contacts, we suggest you choose the old firmware V2.02. I will send it by email, please check your email later!

Steve G7EXZ 19/03/2020 - 06:57

Cherry, Any news on V2.03 being fixed for 64bit systems? Keen to get my RT84 up and running when I have a bit of down time soon. Regards from UK

Cherry 19/03/2020 - 08:28

hi, still haven’t got the news for firmware v2.03. if you have problem about this version firmware, you can consider the old one V2.02

Enrique Scheuer 04/04/2020 - 10:14

I have a RT3S without GPS and updated firmware V 018. I cant write the csv because it says “Wrong Model” although Import says “Success”. Please help me urgently.

Cherry 15/04/2020 - 09:11

Hi, please check if you choose the right firmware first!
And if you want to write the csv, please check if you choose the csv firmware

Jeremy Manion 17/04/2020 - 11:16

Hi, I cannot update contacts on firmware 2.03 as i get ‘firmware error’. can you please emailed me 2.02 as well? thank you

Cherry 18/04/2020 - 13:55

I will, your radio is RT84 right?

Patrick 21/04/2020 - 06:27

Hi, Can you email me the 2.02 firmware as well? Having same issues as others with 2.03 on my RT84. Thanks

Cherry 22/04/2020 - 09:50

sent to your email, please check later

Carlos 05/05/2020 - 17:32

Hello, can i have also the 2.02 firmware for RT84 please
Thanks a lot

Cherry 06/05/2020 - 09:47

Sent to your email already, please check

Carlos 06/05/2020 - 17:14

Hello thank you very much for your e-mail, what is the latest CPS version is 1.05 ?? or there is a new one ?
This is a very nice radio please Retevis when you do some updates include CVS contacts like in V2.02 PLEASE

Cherry 13/05/2020 - 14:33

We have reported this question, and when we get the new firmware, we will update, thanks for your understand

Victor 16/05/2020 - 03:16

Could you also send me the fw version 2.02? Thank you. RT84.

Cherry 16/05/2020 - 09:06

sent to your email, please check later

RalphQ 04/06/2020 - 12:51

Can I please get RT84 firmware 2.02 so I can upload contact list

Cherry 04/06/2020 - 15:02

send to your email, please check!

Garry Hawgood 15/06/2020 - 10:44

Hello Cherry, can you also please send me the 2.02 firmware.

Garry VK4KE

Cherry 15/06/2020 - 15:28

sent to your email, please check later

Mon 07/06/2020 - 08:26

I have the same problem with my RT3S with GPS, when you are in the talkgroup you can only see the callsign and other details of the transmitting station, however when you transmit, it will show ID UNKNOWN. I can only see if I will call via private the callsign I am calling. Could you please help me on this? Thank you.

Cherry 09/06/2020 - 16:48

Hi, this is the normal for the model RT3S and RT82.
If you want to get the information when you transmit from the screen, you can consider the model HD1.

Mikey 21/07/2020 - 22:51

Hi, I tried to to the firmware update but it keeps saying “USB open failed” I an unable to read or write to the CPS software as the radio is no longer recognized. Any help please? Many thanks!

James 22/07/2020 - 16:43

Could you please tell me which version of your firmware?

Mikey 06/08/2020 - 01:42

Hi, the firmware currently on the radio is 1.025. Unable to update the firmware as computer no longer recognizes it in any of the com ports 🙁
Could I possibly have the 2.02 firmware emailed across please? Many thanks.

Barry Theodore 16/08/2020 - 10:51

Hi, I have version V018.011 in my Retevis RT3S and using windows 10. I have tried to load the “contacts.csv” file and get “CPS-DMR” “Excel Fail” error? Do you need to be in DFU mode to install contacts? If you have some contacts loaded say from Australia, can you then load New Zealand or do you have to put all of your contacts in one file to load? I hope someone may be able to help me with this.

James 17/08/2020 - 09:02

Hello! sorry for the delay. we send an e-mail to you about the solution of RT3s!

Gustavo Guilherme Carlo 04/10/2020 - 10:00

I have RT 84 and R3TN witch update, it says will say UNKNOWN ID during transmit. what is it ?

James 06/10/2020 - 16:36

Hi, dear, very sorry for the delay!Can the walkie-talkie transmit and receive normally? and could you please send us a video of you problem? many thanks and have a nice day!

Soclikes 19/10/2020 - 21:27

Well written article! Thank you for that! I don’t have any questions

Duane 30/03/2021 - 04:50

Can you please email me the correct firmware and software so I can upload 120,000 contacts. Every time I try, the contact list says empty.

Cherry 22/04/2021 - 15:17

hi, you can download the software and firmware from our website.
and if you want to upload the 120,000 contact lists, you need to use the CSV file to upload

Jeremy 08/07/2021 - 23:33