Yesterday we receive an email from our customer who although been licensed for 30 years, and he is a complete novice regarding Digital radio. He was having a problem with the RT82 programming cable. He has two computers, a PC running Windows 7 64bit and a Laptop running Windows 10 64bit. Neither will detect RT82 cable. He has installed, uninstalled and re installed the ‘USB Universal driver’ but with no success.
After uninstalling and re installing RT82 drivers, the device did not appear in the ‘Ports’ section of Device Manager. He then discovered an entry under ‘Other Devices’ – “Digital Radio in USB Mode” with a yellow ! It means you cant write or read from your RT82.
If you who keep a RT82 radio meet this problem, how to solve?
- Uninstall the Other Devices–“Digital Radio in USB Mode”.
- Install RT82 Driver. Plug the cable in to your computer again. It will show a dialog box said “Failed to install device driver successfully”.
3. Under this dialog box, you can change the setting. Please do not choose automatic updates, it givesyou the option of allowing it to search Windows Updates for a suitable driver.
4. After several minutes, windows updates successfulfind RT82 Driver.
5. Show “STM Device in DFU Mode”successful installed.
After above steps, you can opening the CPS,read and write to your RT82 radio. If you have any problems, please do not hesitate to email us firstname.lastname@example.org.