Many customers ask about how to open RT20’s VOX function recently. So I decide to post this blog for your reference.
RT20 is distinguished by the mini, thin shape, light weight and multiple charging ways including type-c charging among Retevis radios, and to open VOX function, also known as handsfree function, is also a little different from the others.
Usually, by pressing hot keys on the radios, the VOX will be activated. But for RT20, just doing this is not enough, you should also program it in the software.
The correct way of opening RT20’s VOX function is “LONG PRESS [VOL +] FOR 2 SECONDS TO TURN ON/OFF THE VOX FUNCTION (FIRSTLY IT NEEDS TO SET THE VOX FUNCTION OPEN BY THE SOFTWARE).” As is in the image shown:
To achieve this, pls:
- Download the driver and software of RT20 in this link: https://www.retevis.com/resources-center/
- Make sure you have a programming cable:J9138P.
- Connect RT20 with your computer by the programming cable.
- Turn on RT20. And make sure the com port in the software is same as the computer’s.
- Then it is the interface of software. First click”read from the radio”.
- After click VOX on, pls click “write to the radio”.
In conclusion, if VOX is off in the software, it is off on the radio even though you have “turned it on” by pressing hot keys. So pls remember this step in the software!
If you want to know more about this unique model, pls click:https://blog.retevis.com/index.php/rt20-radio-like-a-work-card/